Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

Long time, no post

It's been quite a while since I last posted. Life has been quite chaotic leaving very little time to be online and give proper attention to writing.

I have been taking a look into one of the more contested internet fetishes: financial domination. From the outside this appears to be a group of money grabbing "Mistresses" who prey on the wallets of the gullible, but that's probably about as fair as saying all fetishists are dangerous perverts. There are some Insta-Mistresses thinking that all they need to do is chant "I WANT I WANT I WANT" and the men will come flocking, but there are a much quieter group who understand the mechanics of the transaction. Some are in it for the money, others are in it for the power. To use another comparison you have some people who understand fetish & BDSM, and you have others who use it as a way to get sex.

Financial domination is about power; money is a by-product. To compel a perfectly competent adult to hand over control of their hard earned cash, even when it may mean going without the things they desire for themselves, is a fascinating art. My own experience in the past was of men who would spend and spend to try fulfil my every desire, but I did not handle the money directly. His devotions via gifts were the power exchange for me and I certainly have never needed the wallet of a submissive to keep me in the manner to which I am accustomed. If I need cash I will go down to the bank and withdraw it myself!

Skimming the surface of the online world of Financial Domination however would have you believe that a good subbie pays for Mistress' gas bill even though she is a complete stranger, wants to keep her name from you and won't give you the time of day. There are, I'm sure, many men out there who get off on being used and humiliated, but to do that to a satisfactory level there needs to be interaction beyond filling in bank details. I'm not really into humiliation or remote blackmail but from what I understand of it there's more to it than just posting up on a message board "PAY ME NOW, PIG!" (and for those of you who haven't looked into this, it really does happen) and I mentally have it stored next to the "KNEEL, BITCH!" mentality of clueless men approaching female submissives.

I started a bit of an experiment in the gap between this post and my last. I started up a gift list and posted quietly on a few forums that I was interested in speaking to finsubs about their interests. A few good gentleman replied (plus a few crude asses for good measure) and helped answer some questions about financial play from the submissive perspective, and now I have had my first tributes gifted. A couple of them were anonymous and none of the men I was talking to claimed responsibility. I will however thank AH for the chocolates which I am still enjoying a little at a time! It could be an interesting comparison to try a few ranty demanding posts with no reciprocal chat and see what the response is!

2 comments:

  1. I hear, and I would like to read the results of this "research" on your part.

    I, for one, quite simply do not understand the financial domination kink. I've got a lot of kinks myself, but this one just doesn't do it for me, and quite frankly, is a turn-off.

    But there might be one situation in which it can be done, at least for me: in a committed relationship. After all, when one gets married, the finances are mixed. This means for me, as the main bread-winner, my wife has access to all of my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The version that exists online is full of scammers, greedy instadommes and poorly veiled attempts to just squeeze money out of vulnerable guys. That side of things I find completely uninteresting.

    Where it does get interesting is where it is used as a tool to emphasise power dynamics. For instance, if I choose to go out to dinner with my boy should I be expecting to pay for it? If planning a luxurious night in should I go buy my own wine and chocolates? On each occasion he has to submit to my desires as a priority and spend his money in doing so. He gains the satisfaction of a pleased Mistress much more likely to consider granting his own desires.

    Financial micromanagement and budgetting are very much not my thing.

    ReplyDelete