Pages

Friday 20 May 2011

When's a Pro not a Pro?

A few weeks ago I was at an event where I got talking to a few Pro Dommes about their clients. I'm not a Pro and I am quite curious about what things men choose to pay for and what happens at these sessions. Something struck me though; mostly they didn't have a clue about their clients. It was truly bizarre. They knew principles of CBT and how to cane a bare bottom which are incredibly popular sessions. When I asked about bondage they all said they did loads so I was asking about their kit. I know I'm a toy snob, but it seemed none of the cash earned went back into kit. One showed me her handcuffs which were slightly bent aluminium novelty items you can pick up for under £5. You can pick the lock by giving them a good hard shake. One had locking leather cuffs... well, PU leather and those cheap luggage padlocks you get for suitcases.

The bit that was even more surprising was the attitude to gifts. I had complimented one on her rather lovely corset dress that was obviously from Vollers. She had been gifted it by a client and said it was probably from some cheap eBay seller as she looked and these things cost £50. I know that style and it was a genuine £300 corset that was completely lost on her. "What's Vollers?" was the response. I had assumed that if you made fetish your job you'd research who makes the best items (not that Vollers are necessarily the best)so that if you meet the kind of sub who would buy a luxury item that you would appreciate it.

I may have met an unusual bunch of Pros however. I'm obviously not a sub looking to pay for a Mistress but I would have assumed they will be looking for quality in equipment as well as skills, or is that just my inner snob talking?

2 comments:

  1. It's a pity the poor sub with such fine taste in clothing. If his mistress can't tell the difference between the quality of work on a Vollers piece versus ebay junk, how observant can she be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sort of what I thought. There's surely no joy in devoted gifts if you can't tell the difference between quality and junk.

    ReplyDelete